Loon Mountain is one of New Hampshire’s largest ski and snowboard resorts in the
winter with over 2,000 feet of vertical skiing, modern snowmaking and lift systems and a wide variety of trails for every type of skier and snowboarder. But Loon becomes a totally different place with many activities to enjoy in the warmer weather too. Loon becomes the backdrop for a wide variety of activities from late Spring through to the fall foliage season before the snow guns are fired up again to kick off another ski season. With the White Mountains as a backdrop there are lots of things to do throughout the ‘off’ season:
- Hiking: Loon Mountain has lots of hiking options to take you up various ski trails in the summer. Seeing the mountain and ski facilities in the summer is an interesting way to experience a familiar place in a new light.
- Scenic Lift Rides: Loon Mountain runs their main gondola lift in the warmer months for sightseeing.
- Zip Line: Loon has a 700 foot zipline that whisks you across the Pemigewasset River. Riders have to be between 50 and 250 pounds and have closed toed shoes to ride.
- Aerial Forest Adventure Park: With platforms set up and connected by ladders, ziplines and other routes these courses are a great way to enjoy being outside in New Hampshire.
- Climbing Wall: Practice your rock-climbing skills and get a great workout in a safe environment on the rock wall.
- Segway Tours.
- Bike Rentals and Tours: Loons has a network of trails through the area and a paved path as well as offering rentals.
- Special Events and other activities: Loon has a full summer events calendar a lot of other available activities. Check out their summer and fall activities page for more details.
Facilities, Fees and other information:
Loon Mountain has a full suite of facilities from dining through to numerous lodging options. For lodging options in the area (including both on-mountain and off-mountain options) and to book check out Loon Mountains lodging page. For pricing information on activities, including multi-activity passes with discounts, please check out their summer and fall activities page.
Directions and Address:
Loon Mountain is an easy drive from Boston and located just a few minutes from I-93 in Lincoln, NH. Take exit 32 for Route 112/Kangamangus Highway and go east. Loon will be easily spotted on your right. From North Conway take Route 112 (Kangamangus Highway) and Loon will be on your left as you enter Lincoln, NH. For those of you using a GPS navigation device the following address and coordinates will lead you to the main base area at Loon:
60 Loon Mountain Road
Lincoln, NH 03251