Last Visited: Sunday; May 6, 2012
What to do here: Memorial Park is a wonderful municipal park with a wide variety of facilities for everyone including the following:
- Running Track: The track is a 1/4 mile a lap.
- Football Fields: Memorial Park has a main football field inside the football track and the older field as well.
- Tennis Courts: There are 6 clay tennis courts that are well-maintained.
- Skate Park
- Playground: There is a nice playground with swings on the parks grounds.
- Basketball Courts: Memorial Park has well-maintained basketball courts open to the public.
- Soccer Field: There is a soccer field as part of a multi-use field complex.
The open fields at Memorial Park are also great for other activities if they’re not in use. There are lots of great places to relax with plenty of space for everyone.
How to get to Memorial Park: Memorial Park is located off of Hope and East Streets in Mansfield, MA. Both can be accessed via Route 106 with the easiest exit off Interstate 95 being 7A (Route 140 towards Mansfield). From Route 140 you can take a left on Route 106 East and Hope St. will be a right off Route 106. Parking is available at the library next door or the High School East St. For those using a GPS enabled device, the address of the public library in Mansfield is:
255 Hope St.
Mansfield, MA 02048
Facilities, Fees and Other Information: Memorial Park has restrooms, however they aren’t always open. The town library and council on aging also have facilities available including bathrooms and a water fountain. During football games and other events there is also a snack bar available.
Looking for more places to explore? Sign up for my mailing list: