Last Visited: June 24, 2013
Cochituate State Park is a delightful park that is an ideal spot to take the family or any other group to enjoy a hot summer day in New England! Located just west of Boston in Natick it is located in the heart of the Metrowest region and is a very popular spot to spend the day, especially in the warmer months. There are lots of great activities available here including the following:
- Swimming: There is a marked and maintained swimming area at Cochituate
State Park that has lifeguards on the weekends. It can get very crowded and noisy on a hot and busy day.
- Non-motorized boating (kayaking, canoeing, sailing, etc): Cochituate State Park has 3 lakes that you can enjoy kayaking, canoeing, sailing or enjoying in some other boat. There is also a company that provides boat rentals including paddleboats and kayaks. Check out their website for more information including contact information, hours and rates.
- Motorized Boating & Waterskiing: There is a public boat launch for motor
boats. Waterskiing and tubing is allowed on South Lake only, there are more significant limits on speed on Middle and North Lakes. Please check the park website for more details. Jet skis are not allowed at Cochituate State Park.
- Fishing: Fishing is permitted both on a boat and from the shore with restrictions and a Massachusetts fishing license.
- Picnic Area: There are quite a few picnic tables and this park is an ideal place to picnic on a hot day with swimming on hand. There are also grills if you want to have a Barbeque.
- Walking Trails: There are walking trails scattered throughout the park if you want an outdoor workout.
Facilities, Fees, hours and other information:
There are shower and changing facilities at Cochituate State Park. Boat rentals are
available through Paddle Boston. During the high season there is also a $5 parking fee and the parking lot can fill up on busy days. For up to date park conditions and more information please call the park at (617) 626-4973 or follow their Twitter feed (@MassDCR). Call the park for hours as they are subject to change (508) 653-9641. There are also picnic facilities and grilling areas as well as lifeguards on weekends.
Cochituate State Park is located right on Route 30 in Natick, MA. Route 30 can be accessed via exit 25 off I-95/Route 128 and via exit 13 from I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike). From I-95/Route 128 take Route 30 West for just over 8 miles and from exit 13 off I-90 take Route 30 east for about half a mile and the main entrance to the park will be on your right. If you’re using GPS the main entrance to the park is located at the following address:
43 Commonwealth Ave.
Natick, MA 01760