Last Visited: Tuesday; June 26, 2012
What to do here: The Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate is a wonderful 90 acre estate that was donated to The Trustees of Reservation in 1991. It is a lovely property right down the road from Blue Hills Reservation and right off I-93 in Canton. It includes a lovely mansion house, farm area, kitchen and formal gardens and a lovely walking path loop that circles the property. Activities available on site include the following:
- Hiking: There is a loop that circles the entire property that is a 2-3 gentle walk that allows you to get a great view of all of the features on the property including the mansion, formal garden, kitchen garden and llama enclosure.
- Dog Friendly: The property allows dogs on properties with few couple conditions: they must be leashed, you can’t bring more than two at a time and you need to clean up after them.
- Bird Watching: Bird watching is available in several spots.
- Formal Grounds and Gardens: The formal garden, kitchen garden and several other spots are great places to take a seat and enjoy the view. There are also several benches throughout the property.
- Special Events: The Mansion is available for weddings and special events and looks like it would make a lovely venue. For more information about booking it for an event you can call 781.255.1996 or go to www.bradleyestate.org.
- Picnic Areas: There are picnic tables and lots of lawn space to sit down and enjoy a picnic on a nice day.
- Llama Enclosure: There are a couple Llama’s on the property, and they’re friendly. It makes a great place to entertain any children as well.
- Cross Country Skiing and Snowshoeing: The former carriage path that loops around the property makes a great cross country skiing and snowshoeing loop in the winter if there is sufficient snow (not always a guaranteed thing).
- Handicap Access: Many of the paths and features here are handicap accessible and allow for people of different physical abilities to enjoy this area.
- Working farms: There is a farm and kitchen garden on the property.
Please note that bicycles aren’t permitted on the property.
Facilities, fees and other information: There is no entrance or parking fee and the park is open from dawn to dusk. The mansion is only open for special events and there aren’t any regularly open facilities from what I saw.
Directions: The Bradley Estate is very easy to reach. Take exit 2A off I-93 for Route 138 South and the Bradley Estate is your first right after you get on Route 138 right after the highway interchange. For those of you using a GPS address, the following address ought to work:
2468B Washington St.
Canton, MA 02021
*Please note that Washington St. is Route 138
Looking for more great places to visit? Sign up for my mailing list: